- Professor of Ophthalmology, graduated from Pierre and Marie Curie University in Paris. Her clinical interests include cornea and glaucoma.
- She served as head of the Ophthalmic Department at Charles Nicolle University Hospital. She established twinning programs with Pretoria , Alexandria and Nagasaki Universities and served as member of the Pan Arab Board of Specializations.
- Ex President of the Tunisian Ophthalmological Society.
- Founding President of the Tunisian Society of Aerospace Medicine and the African Society of Glaucoma.
- Member of the Advisory Board of ICO and the Global Outreach committee of the AAO and Coordinator for Glaucoma at the WOC.
- She also served as Tunisian national coordinator for prevention of blindness