- Athiya Agarwal, M.B.B.S.; D.O, M.D, FCRS [Lon]
- Director and consultant in anterior segment diseases at Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Chennai and also serves as secretary general of the Eye Research Centre, Chennai.
- Dr Agarwal trained in Moorefield’s Eye Hospital, London and University of Maryland Baltimore, USA, before Joining the Agarwal group in i988.
- Known to be an excellent teacher and a surgeon in anterior segment and refractive surgery, performing in addition to routine cataract and refractive surgery, various new techniques like the Glued IOL and Pre Descemet’s Endothelial Keratoplasty (PDEK), the latest in Corneal transplant.
- She has won several video awards in American Academy of Ophthalmology, European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery and American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery film festivals. She is a major contributor to community Ophthalmology towards eradication and prevention of blindness. She has co-authored several text books in Ophthalmology.
- Her vision is to start a state of art blind school for visually handicapped and to help the poor to gain vision and eradicate blindness.