- M.D. a graduate from the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis , completed
his ophthalmology specialty at the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis & Toulouse
University – France .
- He was cornea fellowship trained at Louisiana State University -USA ( 1986-1989 ).
- He is one of the pioneers of refractive & modern cataract surgery in Africa.
- He was founder & president of the African Society of Refractive Surgery in 2000.
- He serves actually as cornea & refractive surgery Director at the Clinique Ophtalmologique of Tunis a leading and first ISO 9001/2000 certified medical Centre in Africa.
- He is an active member of Nadi Al Bassar and board member of Tunisia national eye bank .
- Dr Mahjoub has been very active in the past 20 years as organizer , moderator & invited speaker of major national & international ophthalmology meetings.
- He is the recipient of many national & international awards.
- He is currently the General Secretary of the Middle East African Cataract & Refractive Surgery Society ( MEACRS )..